[fedora-india] Assembling all the available tasks and find people for them.

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 14:32:58 UTC 2009

2009/1/21 susmit shannigrahi <thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> As a community, we are doing real bad when it comes to mentoring new
> people and getting them into the loop.
> The problem, seems to be inability to identify the works available/
> areas of interest for new people.

Well other then packaging and developing something upstream and
targeting it for next fedora release, we can also highlight some tasks
related to internal in house fedora applications or bug triage or even
infrastructure work. But I am not sure how do we reach audience ?

> Lets do two things
>
> 1. Let's put the available tasks (that need to be worked on) at some place.
> We can give some portion of our job to youngsters whom we can mentor.
>
> For example, I am going to give this job to anyone interested, and
> mentor him/her
> JOB: Make the freemedia form[1] consistent to the rest of site/wiki.
> WORK TYPE: Web Development/ CSS/ html

Did you missed **[1]** link here ?

Yes, real problem is not identifying tasks, but pointing them to
folks. And yes "reporting", "discussing" and "announcing the progress"
or status of "tasks being done right now" is a good way of doing that,
even if folks involved right now are less in number.

I am not too sure about how it will go nor about how will we be
picking audience, but +1 for experimenting.

--
Rakesh Pandit