[fedora-india] Fedora EDU: A remix. And more to come. - sdziallas talks

Thu Jan 22 14:13:45 UTC 2009

<http://sdziallas.joyeurs.com/blog/2009/01/fedora-edu-a-remix-and-more-to.html>

Okay folks, we have something ready for you! It's just a preview,
provided as-is, far away from being official and just intended for
testing. So what is it?

You can now get an (unbranded) education remix right here:
http://rdieter.fedorapeople.org/torrents/f10-education-preview-1.torrent
(thanks to rdieter for setting this up!)

Why are we releasing this now? As this is still based on F10, the main
purpose is to gather feedback concerning the spin for F11.

You're asking what we've on the spin? We've included more applications
for educational goals than before:

     You'll be able to evaluate the whole KDE Education Suite including
new apps like marble or step. We're also having some graphics
applications like Blender, GIMP and Inkscape around - so there's enough
space for you to give full scope to your creativity. What else? You get
the OpenOffice suite on the CD, as well as a great TODO list called
Tasque. And you always wanted to test your brain? Nevermind, just fire
gbrainy up!