[Fedora-India] Queries regarding the Free media project in India

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Jul 5 05:39:57 UTC 2009

hi,

A few queries regarding the Free media project:

-- These are the Free-media distributors as listed on the wiki page. Is
there anyone else, who has not yet added his/her name to the list?

Jasbir Singh
Jones Joseph
SiddharthUpmanyu
SusmitShannigrahi
VigneshSundaram
AnkurSinha
Rishikesh Sharma
NehalDattani
MehulPatel
Shambo Bose
Jatin
Sunil Datta
Rahul

-- I've checked up all the shipping addresses as given on the wiki for
the above. Had some questions regarding the same:

I've noticed, "To get the O.S., you need to visit in person and bring a
blank DVD." on a few of the shipping addresses.

If I've understood correctly, the above is a requirement of the Local
Contacts project and *NOT* the free media project (It is optional under
the free media project). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

-- The Free media requests are not spread evenly across India
(obviously). Hence, some contributors (like me) only receive only one or
two requests from our regions. I can contribute more than that ( at
least 10-20 _locally_) on a monthly basis. On the other hand, I remember
reading someone mass producing media (pressing to get rates as low as
2-3 rs a media??) and hence having extra copies that are going waste
(not being used). Hence, there is untapped potential and also unfilled
requests. Can anyone think of a way to use the resource?

-- Does anyone have knowledge of Ubuntu's project. We could take some
points from there (if its okay to do so, that is). I've *heard* its very
effective.

--
regards,

Ankur