Fwd:Re: [Fedora-India] Queries regarding the Free media project in India

Amirtham purendra raman bala bamirthampr at in.com
Wed Jul 8 05:57:51 UTC 2009

 With Love B.A p Raman Original message From:sankarshan< foss.mailinglists at gmail.com >Date: 08 July 09 11:21:08Subject:Re: [FedoraIndia] Queries regarding the Free media project in IndiaTo: fedoraindia at redhat.comOn Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 10:07 AM, Rangeen Basu wrote: > On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 9:48 AM, sankarshan wrote: >> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 9:36 AM, Rangeen Basu wrote: >> >> >> As much as I like everyone to receive a media. I guess that just bulk >> producing media to continue shipments is not going to be a good thing. > > Extremely sorry if my thoughts were not clear but I wasn't tlaking > about bulk producing media rather I was talking about a way freemedia > contributors can send media to the requesters. Normally freemedia > contributors would buy media , burn them and pot them. I would be nice > if this cost could e borne by the requesters, if not in full then at > least a part of it. If there is a general consensus in this regard > then the freemedia contributors can sta
 rt using this method.It might sound heretic, but here's what I see happening  we already provide Freedom as a feature :) giving away the media for free (ie. nocost) is not helping us make much headway. Freedom and freeofcost are not getting appreciated and, we seem to be ending up with more freeloading than we can handle. The budget is finite (and, it is minute) so, we simply cannot go on pushing money into the game. http://www.gutenberg.net  Fine literature digitally republished http://www.plos.org  Public Library of Science http://www.creativecommons.org  Flexible copyright for creative work Fedoraindia mailing list Fedoraindia at redhat.com https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/fedoraindia