[fedora-india] External disk drives don't have original access rights when auto mounted in Fedora11

Ratnadeep Debnath rtnpro at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 07:22:29 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I am using Fedora 11. I am finding the way F11 auto mounts external
disk drives a bit weird. In case of my Maxtor USB HDD, labeled
MyStorage, F11 mounts with the following permissions.
drwx------ 1 rtnpro rtnpro 8192 2009-07-07 23:14 /media/MyStorage/

Similar kind of permissions are for my MicroSD memory card
drwx------ 16 rtnpro rtnpro 16384 1970-01-01 05:30 /media/Memory card/

/etc/mstab gives the following info :

/dev/sdb1 /media/MyStorage fuseblk
rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,blksize=4096 0 0
/dev/mmcblk0p1 /media/Memory\040card vfat
rw,nosuid,nodev,uhelper=devkit,uid=500,gid=500,shortname=lower,dmask=0077,utf8=1,flush
0 0

This was not the case in Fedora 10. I want to get the external drives
automounted with their default permissions.

Thanks,
Regards,
rtnpro