[Fedora-India] Queries regarding the Free media project in India

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 09:22:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 14:02 +0530, sankarshan wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 1:34 PM, Ankur Sinha<sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The essential clarification needed is whether they would charge only the
> > cost of media + postage or would there also be a "service charge"?
>
> I do not see a reason for them not to have a margin of service cost
> built into the price. As long as they remain accountable (ie. are
> willing to be providing media replacements etc should the media be
> bad), there is no harm in running this as a profit making initiative.

hi,

I've written a draft to the LUG seniors here regarding this. However,
the margin that we receive will be used for the LUG's events etc. and
not any profit.

I'd prefer if Local Contacts did not use this as a profit making venture
(charge only media and posting costs). But that's just my view on the
subject.

--
regards,

Ankur