[fedora-india] Testing required for menumaker RPM

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 1 05:45:48 UTC 2009

On 06/01/2009 01:06 AM, Gireesh Sreekantan wrote:

> [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/fedora-india@redhat.com/msg01432.html
> [2] http://menumaker.sourceforge.net
> [3] http://gsreekantan.fedorapeople.org/

I haven't tested the software yet but just looking the spec file, I can
spot some issues with the packaging:

---

Version should be upstream version (ie) 0.99.7 and Release should be
just 1 since it indicates your first build of the package.

Source0 should be a link to the upstream source. Reviewers need to know
the software is what you claim it is.

GCC needn't be specified as a BuildRequires

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Exceptions_2

Description shouldn't be over 80 characters in a single line. Run
rpmlint on the spec file

You can drop the -n argument to setup if you give the version number
correctly as indicated above.

Changelog should be at the bottom and follow

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Changelogs

You cannot simply own everything under /usr/bin and /usr/lib but only
own files that is actually part of the package. RPM would then remove
them during uninstallation.

You have specified %changelog twice.

Also refer

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines#Python