[fedora-india] Usability Pondering- Yum

Ashok Gautham scriptdevil.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 10:19:12 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 14, 2009 at 3:30 PM, Ankur Sinha<sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:
> For personal use.. You can always add "yum=yum -y" as an alias in
> the .bashrc .. Will work as a sort of default "y" .
That is most certainly not what I meant.  I meant pressing Enter
should be accepted
as Yes. I would like a confirmation too.
Many commands have a Press Enter for ok and press something else to make
a change. That is the think that prompted me to ask the question here.
I also fail
to see why people cannot bail out with 2 Control C's incase they were too heavy
handed. I mean, if they knew the exact package name, they would also 80% of the
time know that they will get dependencies.
Anyway, please consider this thread closed. I agree that N is a better default
for such critical operations.

--
Ashok `ScriptDevil` Gautham