[fedora-india] F11 installation failure - (Anaconda) out of space exception after checking dependencies

Rahul Tidke rahul at excelize.com
Wed Jun 17 03:39:29 UTC 2009

Hello,

 First, thanks & congrats to all Fedora developers and
fedoraproject.org for the launch of Leonidas!

  I have been trying to install F11 (i386) on AMD Sempron with an 80 GB
IDE HDD, after partitioning and package selection/customization it
checks for dependencies and when install starts it shows "Transferring
install image to hard disk"; at this moment an exception occurs saying
you might be out of space with options of DEBUG and EXIT. I have tried
allocation 15 GB/20 GB for root (/) partition but still the problem
repeats. This can be reproducible for any combination of partitions. I
am not sure whether it also checks for the space required for
installation; when it checks for dependencies after package selection.
 I have saved the system state saved at the time of exception; I
tried filing a bug at Bugzilla but similar or varied instances of same
problem already reported there.
 I am concluding its Anaconda installer bug/problem (or might be EXT4
problem); please help ! I am eager to explore F11 but can not move ahead.

Thanks.

--

Regards,

*Rahul.