[fedora-india] Fedora Campus Ambassador Project

Shakthi Kannan shakthimaan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 04:37:37 UTC 2009

Hi,

--- On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 12:09 AM, Rangeen Basu <sherry151 at gmail.com> wrote:
| I came across this project page a few days back and opened the
| discussion on #fedora-ambassadors list. I was amazed by the fact that
| there are no owners of the initiative yet.
| https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/Schedule .
\--

What is so amazing? You only said this project page came only a few days back.

---
| It is my opinion
| that this is a good initiative since this focuses on the campuses (
| universities and colleges)
\--

Agreed.

---
| where majority of the Linux users are and
| also where a lot of FOSS development take place.
\--

Not necessarily true.

---
| This is good
| opportunity to build a strong community of students and potential
| contributors.
\--

Agreed.

---
| So I wanted to open this topic for discussion.
\--

I'd suggest that we have three simple criteria for students to become
a Campus Ambassador. They should:

1. Use Fedora.
2. Help their friends use Fedora.
3. Start to contribute to Fedora
(packaging/documentation/translation/marketing/code/testing/support or
any other)

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan