[fedora-india] How many ...

Sri Ramadoss M shriramadhas at gmail.com
Sat Mar 28 02:15:00 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Runa Bhattacharjee <runabh at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do you mean you are using the 'setxkb' command to set your keyboard?

whichever way it may be. xkb, scim etc.,

Assume I am a Hindi Desktop user, I am working in gedit and I want to
get the File Menu drop down with the use of mouse, now I am in Hindi
Typing mode, What will be the ideal shortcut way - a Hindi key stroke
or an English key stroke?

Alt + F brings down the File Menu, But this need toggling to English
and then Alt+F is the user is typing Hindi right? But with Hindi
Letter as Short cut, this two step to shortcut is avoided.

> The choice to move to english shortcuts was made primarily to tackle the
> problem of inconsistency in key assignment, duplication (in which case
> neither shortcut on the same level work) and problems with menu items
> comprising all conjuncts (in which case, a minimum of 4 keys come into the
> picture).

the vowel or the consonant can alone be considered, instead of the
vowel+consonent.

> Secondly, at the time we had also tested various permutations and
> combinations using input methods, bn and en shortcuts and found that one
> particular set of shortcuts (i do not remember correctly at the moment which
> ones) did not work at all if the shortcuts were in bn. I'll try and dig this
> bit out if possible.

Please!

--

ஆமாச்சு