[fedora-india] How to install ".img" file without web access whilte installing a laserjet printer in Fedora 9

Sat Mar 28 08:43:08 UTC 2009

2009/3/28 saikat saha <saikat.80in at gmail.com>:
> This is saikat from R.P Infosystems Pvt.Ltd (Chirag, kolkata). We have a
> problem regarding printer installation on Fedora 10 OS & 9 as well.
> The model of the printer is HP Laserjet P1007.

Does <http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/install/manual/distros/fedora_core.html>
come of use ? I seem to recall a mail from Susmit or Indranil Das
Gupta about this resolving the query from another user, but since I
don't seem to find it on this mailing list, looks like it was on a
different list.

Susmit had recently blogged about HP 1020 and, I recall one of the
comments being to use the RPMFusion repo to obtain the driver bits as
an install-ready package.

If you do have the image file at hand, mounting it to check what it
contains is another option I'd explore.