[fedora-india] need help regarding getting a laptop

Ritesh Sinha sinha.k.ritesh at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 13:41:50 UTC 2009

>>i have no idea about this lenovo.... if you can provide me some
information about your >>experience with it. how about the services and
linux compatability?
>>is it possible for me to get one under my budget( with 320gb hd, 3gb ram)

Magesh,

While I have had no experience with support (actually nothing broke,
although I'm a heavy user). I have a t40 and an office given t60. Both work
perfectly with almost every flavour of linux (fedora 9-10, Ubuntu
8.04-8.10).

The price range for thinkpad may not fit your budget though. The entry level
R Series starts from 43k (with 160GB HDD and very little RAM). I suppose
it's best you go with HP (any other members want to share their linux
experience with HP?)

http://shopap.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/inweb/LenovoPortal/en_IN/catalog.workflow:expandcategory?current-catalog-id=3634951826AE4D3881BFFF1AC5FCD957&current-category-id=5FD338235273461BA8484B145C9E5366&tab=2#tab-container-5

Regards,

Ritesh

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 4:01 PM, magesh <kkmageshcse at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thankyou guys for the feedbacks
>
> here is some additional info:
> iam buying a laptop for my development purpose, i would be doing most web
> developments and some system developments also (playing with kernel)
>
> i look for a laptop which does not exceed my budget of 45k
> and according to my knowledge hp services are the best so i chose it
>
> >>Use the Fedora live cd and boot once and check if everything works
> >>before buying the laptop.
>
> well this is also nice idea
> other than this, i thought of going for the nvidea graphics (thought it
> would be also supported by fedora)
> has anybody been successful in using the nvidea gforce graphics???
>
> >>Have you considered a Lenovo ThinkPad (the T or R series) ?
>
> i have no idea about this lenovo.... if you can provide me some information
> about your experience with it. how about the services and linux
> compatability?
> is it possible for me to get one under my budget( with 320gb hd, 3gb ram)
>
> any other things which needs to be considered while getting a laptop???
>
> thankyou all.
>

> --
> magesh
> Life is "just tryin out things to see if they work"
>
> http://magesh.geexhq.com/
> http://twitter.com/mageshcse

Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche