[fedora-india] What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat May 9 00:45:39 UTC 2009

On 05/09/2009 12:48 AM, Ankur Sinha wrote:

> There is this macro that I don't know enough about.. I'm sure I'll have
> more doubts as I package this, but this one's the only doubt currently.
>
> In the spec file http://hanzlici.cz/packages/fedora/panini/panini.spec ,
> the build section is like this :
>
> %build
> # --without debug hack:
> CFLAGS="${CFLAGS:-%optflags}" ; export CFLAGS

This one is a explicit override of the compiler flags for the package to
pick up the right compiler options. Not sure that is actually necessary
in this case. Refer to

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/cmake

> %{?_without_debug:%define debug_package %{nil}}
> %{?_without_debug:export RPM_OPT_FLAGS="${RPM_OPT_FLAGS//-g/}"}
> %{?_without_debug:export CFLAGS="${CFLAGS//-g/}"}

Remove these and check if the debuginfo packages are generated
correctly. If they are, there is no need for this.

desktop-file-install should have not use a vendor option. So remove that
as well.

> PS : Do i need to start a new topic for these queries?

Sure.

Rahul