[fedora-india] Packaging RPM presentation

Rakesh Pandit rakesh.pandit at gmail.com
Sun May 10 13:46:55 UTC 2009

2009/5/10 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On 05/10/2009 06:40 PM, Shakthi Kannan wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have tried to make a simple presentation on packaging RPM. Can you
>> please go through the following, and let me know if I have missed
>> something, or there is anything that I overlooked (that needs
>> changes), or something that will be good to include in the following?
>> http://shakthimaan.com/downloads/glv/presentations/packaging-red-hot-paneer-butter-masala.pdf

@Shakti

Good presentation, Nice work ... are pictures used inside presentation
your own? Don't they need licensing ? I see this pattern similar to
famous Autotools pdf ;) which is very good.

> rpmls (part of rpmdevtools) can list packages without having to extract
> them first with rpm2cpio directly.

It would be nice to add a brief description of rpm -q --qf
"[%{fileperm:perms} %{filenames}\n]" <package-name-in-db> or

rpm -qp --qf "[%{fileperm:perms} %{filenames}\n]"
<path/to/binary/file.rpm> and some small queries and then a mention of
rpmls (which is actually a query) or rpm-dev-extract for extracting
rpm content.

--
Regards,
Rakesh Pandit