[fedora-india] What software is missing in the Fedora repository?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 10 14:22:24 UTC 2009

On 05/10/2009 07:34 PM, Ankur Sinha wrote:

> [Ankur at Ankur twitter_tui]$ panini
> QGtkStyle cannot be used together with the GTK_Qt engine.

This one is explained in

http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/2702

(first hit in google while searching for that message)

> Locking assertion failure.  Backtrace:

No idea about this one. Ask in #fedora-kde channel or in fedora-kde
mailing list. They probably have a better idea.

Probably useful to create another user, run this program and check if it
is due to a local configuration change.

> and it hangs until I kill it. I don't know what the above errors mean..
> I'm not sure I have all the packages required to run the app.. And I
> don't know how to determine them. (I've skipped the "requires" field in
> the Spec). I understand how to determine build-requires. How do you
> determine the requires??

In general, RPM is capable of figuring it out automatically.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Requires

Otherwise, there a few different ways including running the program
using the mock --shell argument or running ldd against the binary.

Rahul