[fedora-india] Don't use hierarchical pages in wiki

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Thu May 14 16:29:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Rahul Sundaram
<sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After the switch to mediawiki in Fedora, we don't recommend page
> hierarchies anymore. It is completely ignored by mediawiki in searches
> unless it is a root page. Instead use categories which are fast and much
> more efficient.
>
> A few examples
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Fonts_SIG
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers
>
> If someone has a few minutes, convert all the pages under
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/India to use categories and organize
> information as you can see above.

This is something I am really confused about.
Suppose i want to create a page for getting the entries for "F11 for
Indian Ambasadors"
Which page is correct? I guess not the second one. But is the first one correct?

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Media_For_Indian_Ambassadors
2. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/India/F11_For_Indian_Ambassadors

Thanks.

--