[fedora-india] Gujarat ( INDIA ) introduce open source at 12th standard syllabus with @ 50% weightage.

Nilesh J. Vaghela electromech at electromech.info
Fri May 22 12:03:21 UTC 2009

Dear All,

I thought let me share you the efforts of people like us and success
story , the introduction of open source mainly LINUX is now part of
official syllabus of Gujarat 12th standard computer subject.

Here are some Q/A with Mr. Harshal Arolkar.

      Behalf of VGLUG I got chance to have small Q/A with Mr. Harshal
      Arolkar ( He is a part of committee and  played lead role in
      designing the text book for Gujarat 12 th standard Computer
      subject ). Due to their team efforts now open source is a part of
      computer subject in 12th standard in Gujarat. */

      Don't you thing this is a great moment for all who are promoting
      Linux and opens ource and a major step in Gujarat for Open source
      movement ??

Excited !!! well here are the questions the answers are at

http://www.vglug.info/q-with-mr-harshal-arolkar-gujarat-education-board-12-standard-computer-subject-open-source

      Although after some conversation I added few more questions.

      Many many Thanks to Mr. Harshal Arolkar.

--
Nilesh Vaghela
ElectroMech