[fedora-india] Meeting minutes [Fedora India at #fedora-india on the 22nd of Nov 2009]
sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 14:05:05 UTC 2009
To start with, links :
People present (lines said)
1. franciscod (208)
2. mbuf (141)
3. jdk2588 (37)
4. skbohra (37)
5. Pradipta (31)
6. rakesh (29)
7. kushal (17)
8. sm|CPU (8)
9. sankarshan (7)
10. Acedip (5)
11. kishan_ (3)
12. kishan (2)
13. zodbot (2)
14. kedars_ (1)
15. rajeshr (1)
16. rtnpro (1)
17. yevlempy (1)
There were two topics on the agenda as posted on the mailing list:
- F12 release events
- Tamil team
- During the course of the meeting, we decided to discuss the issue of
"people becoming Fedora Ambassadors and not carrying out their duties as
- Planned at MIT Manipal, early January (Ankur Sinha)
- Release party, install fests at Bikaner (Jaideep)
- Plans to migrate 100 desktops of Coal India to fedora12 (Pradipta)
Tamil team discussion:
Postponed (next meeting?)
Discussion over fedora ambassadorship
- Making sure that blogs of *every* Ambassador is on
- some sort of system to prevent people from signing up (because its
ultra cool) and then not working.
- make a nice proposal and send it for discussion and whatever be the
result send it to FEMSco for approval
- ideas, such as an Ambassador should be participating in at least one
Fedora subgroup (ie docs/packaging/design/websites...)
- Mentoring to make sure newbies holding release fests know what to say
ie - *correct content* (since they're short on experience, we don't want
them saying stuff that is different from the community's working etc.)
- Setting up a wiki page and supplying people with updated slides and
material to be used at release fests.
- collecting feedback after a Fedora event from the audience (ideas
needed on how to go about doing this).
- regular IRC meets : fortnightly *at least*
- good install fests never turning into sustained activities : why??
These are only ideas in short. Please go through the meeting logs
There's quite a lot of work to be done.
- I'm in-charge of rounding up all "FAs from India"'s blogs and making
sure they're on the planet.
- Slides etc? (any hands ??)
There are also agendas that still need more discussion. Future meets or
discussions on the mailing list are needed.
Thank you all for attending :)
Have a nice evening
PS Also forwarding the the ambassadors list.
More information about the Fedora-india