[Fedora-infrastructure-list] GPG key server

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 28 23:10:40 UTC 2006

Hi,

    I am a new member. While registering my gpg key to pgp.mit.edu, it would
not accept my key!! The problem turns out that it doesn't understand GPG
keys with a photo-ID. After some googling, it turns out:
1- pgp.mit.edu doesnot accept some key formats
2- pgp.mit.edu mangles other keys
3- hkp://subkeys.pgp.net is a much better alternative, as it load balances
over many physical servers
4- hkp://subkeys.pgp.net is the chosen default server now in GnuPG
configuration.

I am suggesting recommending that server on the web pages
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem/NewAccount
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/UsingGpg/CreatingKeys

Best Regards