bcfg2

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Dec 20 20:42:14 UTC 2006

On Wed, Dec 20, 2006 at 11:53:09AM -0800, David Lutterkort wrote:
> > and of course the concern I issued before is that it ties us into yet
> > another scripting language for systems-maintenance tasks.
>
> What exactly is that saying to people who use the ruby that we ship in
> Fedora ? I understand that there is some concern that another language
> might cause upgrade problems

No, that's not the issue Seth addresses (I think), and also no
attribute against the quality of ruby as language and
implementation.

The question is more like what language are the current and future
maintainers of the fedora infrastructure comfortable with and would be
able to do some bug hunting, fixing, changes if required. And of
course any python solution will have a small bonus here.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net