[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Database for Account System 2

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Mon Jul 17 06:14:53 UTC 2006

On Jul 15, 2006, at 20:01, Jonathan Steffan wrote:

> I would personally love to see LDAP go into action and offer my
> services
> to help setup and support using Fedora Directory Server. I currently
> have Fedora Directory Server working well with plone and have
> started to
> work on getting moinmoin to authenticate to the same user directory.
> What other services would need to authenticate to the same user
> directory? I also suspect moving accounts from SQL to LDAP should be
> fairly easy. I could script it using perl. Also, an SQL backend
> could be
> setup for Fedora Directory Server using plugins.
> (http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Plugins) A brief google
> search
> turns up no SQL plugins.

1. Not sure why we would want to have FDS as a layer on top of an SQL
server.

2. Do you have a way to make FDS' schema meet all the requirements
currently listed on Tom's "new account system" wiki page (e.g. groups
that inherit members from other groups, users with multiple e-mail
addresses listed, and so forth)?

3. Do you have a query language for FDS that can do anything usefully
near SQL?

Best,
-- Elliot