[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Account System Updates

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Jun 23 22:46:58 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-24 at 00:23 +0200, Karel Zak wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 10:12:07AM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >
> > - Are the tools flexible enough to work with the extra data we're going
>
>  Please, define "extra data".
>
> > to want to associate with an account or are we going to end up writing
> > external programs to do the job whether they're in an SQL or LDAP
> > backend?

The one that sticks out to me is Fedora Extra's desire for more
information about a user when deciding to sponsor a person.  The initial
request is to query bugzilla for packaging reviews when deciding on
sponsorship.  We can probably do that entirely within the web app (Use
the email address(es) given in accounts to construct a query.)  The
general need for information could extend to other things, though: web
links to other projects the user is a member of (jpackage, redhat-kde),
reviews done at The Repository That Must Not be Named, etc.

-Toshio