Hooking into account system for web auth

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Nov 21 03:07:11 UTC 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 18:43, Elliot Lee wrote:
> Thinking about it some more (now that I realized it's in the context
> of hosting projects) - you're going to want to have a separate
> account system group for each hosted project.

Why would that be?  At least with trac, all fedora users are treated the same
as anonymous, but you could get your name attached to a bug (and thus emails)
and wiki changes.  Account privilege escalation can be done within the Trac
instance itself, through the webadmin tool.  Why would we need a different
account system?  Why wouldn't the Fedora account system work and just allow
any user that has CLA signed to create a project or login to participate with
a name to an existing project?

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora