[Fedora-infrastructure-list] TurboGears instance on pkgdb

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sun Oct 15 15:08:39 UTC 2006

First of all, good to hear that we are having progress with the new website
tools. :)

I'd like to help in the creation of the new tools, so here I am, asking
questions about 'em.

O/H Toshio Kuratomi έγραψε:
> I wrestled with SELinux, Apache, and TurboGears today and finally got
> the packageDB TurboGears instance running[1]_.  If you're interested,
> the pieces are running behind Apache on test3.  You can access it via
> ssh tunnel.  On your machine::
>   ssh -L 8888:test3:80 bastion

I guess this should be (for the rest of us) something like:

    ssh -L 8888:test3:80 bastion.fedora.redhat.com

I get the following error:

> Then browse to http://localhost:8888/pkgdb/
>
> [...]
> Hope this helps if you're planning to deploy a TurboGears app on an
> infrastructure box.  dgilmore, c4chris: if you get up to speed on kid
> templates or python programming, this should be set to dive into.  (I'll
> get back to work on importing the data now.)

Toshio, can you please give us a bit more details/advices for the whole thing? I
am relatively new in Python & Infrastructure and completely new in turbogears,
but would nevertheless like to try and help out.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/