[Fedora-infrastructure-list] TurboGears instance on pkgdb

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 22:53:10 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 10:41 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On 10/15/06, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:
> >
> > First of all, good to hear that we are having progress with the new website
> > tools. :)
> >
> > I'd like to help in the creation of the new tools, so here I am, asking
> > questions about 'em.
> >
> > O/H Toshio Kuratomi έγραψε:
> > > I wrestled with SELinux, Apache, and TurboGears today and finally got
> > > the packageDB TurboGears instance running[1]_.  If you're interested,
> > > the pieces are running behind Apache on test3.  You can access it via
> > > ssh tunnel.  On your machine::
> > >   ssh -L 8888:test3:80 bastion
> >
> > I guess this should be (for the rest of us) something like:
> >
> >     ssh -L 8888:test3:80 bastion.fedora.redhat.com
> >
> > I get the following error:
> >
> >     ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host

Unfortunately, this won't work without an infrastructure account.  Mike
has a solution to that, though:

> One thing we could do is add a proxypass on our proxy servers to the
> host and make it available at admin.fedoraproject.org/tg-test/ or
> something.  Toshio, what do you think?

That should work fine and solves the immediate problem of letting people
who are currently not involved in infrastructure try things out.  In
order to work on projects with people not yet in infrastructure we'll
want to get people access to the code as well.  I have a bazaar
repository for the packagedb currently:

bzr branch http://www.tiki-lounge.com/~toshio/fedora/fedora-packagedb

I'll move that into our infrastructure at some point but it should work
fine for now.  (Bazaar is a distributed system like mercurial and git so
it should be easy for people to branch and pass changes back and forth.)

The latest version should work with TurboGears 1.0b1 on either FC-5 or
FC-6. (TG-1.0 hasn't been built for Extras yet but all the required
packages are in so it shouldn't be much longer :-)

-Toshio