[Fedora-infrastructure-list] release days docs/instructions/faq

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Oct 26 13:35:38 UTC 2006

On Tue, Oct 24, 2006 at 05:52:23PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> 1. get the websites and docs people to split out a structure in the wiki
> that is the final release lay out. This will be frozen N days prior to
> release and static pages will be generated. This static content will be
> fedoraproject.org/

I've been looking at this a little.  There are moinmoin patches [1] to
let it work more cleanly with a reverse proxy (the patches proposed
are used by the Apache Software Foundation).  mediawiki has options
[2] to let non-authenticated users hit static cached pages, cache
updated when an authenticated user edits a page.  I'm still looking
for same for moinmoin.  Together, barring DDOS, that should reduce the
load significantly.

[1] http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/MoinMoinPatch/CachingProxies

[2]
$wgUseFileCache = true;
$wgFileCacheDirectory = "/home/httpd/cache";
$wgShowIPinHeader = false;
$wgUseGzip = false;

--
Matt Domsch