Builders

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Oct 27 13:54:09 UTC 2006

Hey,

I had a thought about the builders that i wanted to run by everyone.  it seems
that the chroot exploded on hammer1  and as a result  some files got
installed in the real filesystem not in the chroot. so as a way to help
things in the future.  once we are done with analysis we will need to rebuild
hammer1 So  what i want to do is install a xen host on hammer1  and actually
have hammer1  a xen guest.  it would be the only guest on the system but  if
the same thing happened again it would be a simple task to fix.  warren  to
do this we would need a internal only ip for the xen host.

so what id like to do as far as the xen guest goes.  and we should probably do
this with all production xen guests.  is create a snapshot of the lvm volume
once the system is up and running and ready.   so if  the chroot explodes
again we put the snapshot in place  start the instance  and things are back
in a matter of minutes.  we would have a pre-configured system ready to roll.

thoughts? opinions? objections?

--
Dennis Gilmore, RHCE
Proud Australian