[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Hardware Trouble (?) on app1.fedora.phx.redhat.com

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Sep 10 21:31:35 UTC 2006

Both before and after the data center migration to a new rack and new
switch, we have occasionally been experiencing network trouble to
app1.fedora.phx.redhat.com.

Occasionally the host is inaccessible over the network, or ping

Since this happened both before and after the new switch, could this
perhaps be hardware trouble?

Any opinions of what we should do about this?  Perhaps...

- More closely monitor, with ping logs over time?
- Migrate app1's job to a xen guest on xen2.  I assume we have more than
enough capacity there?

Stacy will be in Arizona again later this month, so he will be able to
take a look at our hardware then.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com