[Fedora-infrastructure-list] Xen Server and Network Tracking

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Wed Sep 27 19:13:16 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 27 September 2006 13:40, Warren Togami wrote:
> Xen Server and Network Tracking
> ===============================
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/InfrastructurePrivate/PhoenixServers/XenServe
>rs Please track Xen guests and network assignments on this page.
>
> Template Installed
> ==================
> I have a template xen guest installed with yesterday's rawhide on
> /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-template of xen1.  The template has its
> networking disabled.  If you copy the template to create another guest,
> get an IP address assigned, then add it to
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 before enabling it.
>
> Although I am not sure how useful it is to use this template, given that
> you can use anaconda to install a new xen guest within minutes.
>
> Any ideas of the best way to make an image file of this LVM volume so
> that we can easily copy it to the xen2 server?
I don't think we really need a template.  What i think would be better is a
script  that we pass  a few paramaters to and creates a lvm volume and gets
the install started.

I guess we could  pass to the script the guest name, the size of the logical
volume and the distro to install we could  keep in in hardcoded things like
ram (512mb  probably sane  can be changed later)  and the paths to the
distros to install.

and  have an optional kickstart config path