fedorapeople (planet and .org)

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Mon Apr 2 16:16:56 UTC 2007

O/H seth vidal έγραψε:
> Hey folks,
>  So we've been thinking we're going to take fpserv.fedoraproject.org
> which lives at duke and make it into fedorapeople.org and also
> planet.fedoraproject.org
>
> fedorapeople.org will provide all the fedora account holders and groups
> with some quota-controlled space to put files up.
>
> what I was thinking might be cool is to reinstall fpserv with el5 so we
> can use Xen. Then setup 2 xen guests. 1 would be the system that people
> use to put their files up, the other would be for the planet code that
> makes the planet pages (planet.fedoraproject.org, etc)
>
> Does that sound pretty good to everyone?

Sounds great Seth. It will help a lot for various files we need to upload now
and then which now lie either on personal servers, redhat.com space or the wiki.
Looking forward to it!

Any compelling reason not to use the 'people.fedoraproject.org/user/' URL
structure instead of 'user.fedorapeople.org'? I'm just worried we'll begin to
get lost with all these subdomains and miss the handy 'host:fedoraproject.org'
google search query. Not to mention the URL auto-complete of most browsers. :)

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/