fedoraplanet.org - For fedora-related weblog

Wilmer Jaramillo M. wilmer at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 17 15:02:10 UTC 2007

On 4/16/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Monday 16 April 2007 02:32:21 Wilmer Jaramillo M. wrote:
> > Hi, i wanted to propose the use an alternative domain for the
> > aggregation of Fedora-related weblog planet.fedoraproject.org. In
> > principle and to equal of other consolidated projects it should to be
> > more precise to use.
> >
> > Actually only just do a redirect of planet.fedoraproject.org <--
> > fedoraplanet.org
>
> Do we really need another way to get to this?
>
> We have planet.fedoraproject.org, fedoraproject.org/people, and
> fedoraproject.org/fedorapeople.  Why do we need a whole different domain to
> get there as well?

FedoraNEWS.org
FedoraUnited.org
FedoraForum.org
FedoraFaq.org
FedoraPlanet.org

It's posibble?

On 4/17/07, Matthew Galgoci <mgalgoci at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On 17.04.2007 05:11, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > >
> > > Do we really need another way to get to this?
> > >
> > > We have planet.fedoraproject.org, fedoraproject.org/people, and
> > > fedoraproject.org/fedorapeople.  Why do we need a whole different domain to
> > > get there as well?
> >
> > +1
> >
> > FWIW: Other projects use the planet.foo.org scheme, too:
> >
> > http://planet.kernel.org/
> > http://planet.gnome.org/
> > http://planet.ubuntulinux.org/
> > http://planet.debian.org/

www.debianplanet.org
www.planetsuse.org

I do not believe that this is the norm and suppose we do not shouldn't
to copy a model, some positive things:
1.- Google should to relate more easily a search by 'fedora planet' on
the domain fedoraplanet.org.
2.- To maintain planet.fedoraproject.org and/or to redirect to fedoraplanet.org.

without spirits to argue, simply this is a proposal. ;)

Better greetings.

--
Wilmer Jaramillo M.
GPG Key Fingerprint = 0666 D0D3 24CE 8935 9C24 BBF1 87DD BEA2 A4B2 1E8A