Moin question

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 03:25:27 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-04-05 at 14:13 -0400, seth vidal wrote:
>

>> I thought we wanted to get people to editing quickly w/o jumping through
>> all the hoops. Wouldn't that preclude EditGroup addition?
>>

> You are just a few steps ahead, that is all.  I got the lawyer-based
> permission and guidelines for using a click-through CLA for the Wiki.
> When that is setup, we can stop using EditGroup for the site-wide ACLs.
>
> When ... uh, whenever we get to it.  I feel guilty every time I see an
> addition to EditGroup, but this one is a little lower on the current
> priorities.  Still, what needs to be done is:
>
> * Click-through page enabled for new users -- must check "Agree" and
> then submit the form.
> * Click-through page is (probably) an Include() of the CLA contents
> itself -- not very proc intensive to do that, since people only see that
> page when they create their account.
> * Confirm that ACLs for special areas (Docs/) are working.
>
> Anything else?  Other than tell people and celebrate?
>
> The dividing line between "click-through is OK" and "need to GPG-sign"
> is if the user has the ability to put content directly into a content
> storage system from where it goes into a package (then into an ISO.)
> So, we can leave Docs/Beats/ open to click-through CLAers because that
> content is edited before going into CVS (and a package), all done by
> people who have signed the CLA with a GPG key.  This is analogous to
> patches and such that come in via mailing lists and bugzilla.  The
> special locations such as Docs/ are Wiki-based publishing points, so
> Docs Project contributor guidelines come into play.

FYI All:  I did a test on this this weekend and my page save was about
17 seconds, a pretty significant difference.  So here's the plan.

1) Grab a list of all the users to be removed (Users not in EditGroup
and not watching any pages)
2) Send a mass email of notification of removal and why
3) Remove users (will make a backup)
4) Enjoy our much faster but still slow save pages.