more mirrormanager testing

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Tue Apr 10 14:30:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, Apr 10, 2007 at 11:40:44AM +0100, archive-admin at mirrorservice.org wrote:

> Is there any feed back on why stuff isn't appearing? my FC stuff is there
> but the extras havn't showed up?

yep, just found it.  Congrats, you found a bug in my crawler.  You're
issuing a 301 redirect to an intra-site link, which is fine, except
that the crawler wasn't expecting it.  All previous redirects I've
seen were to ftp://... which works fine.  I need to teach the crawler
how to handle these site-relative redirects.  Then it'll work.

Basically, it got to the core/updates/testing/1/i386/SRPMS directory
and got stuck and eventually died, so it didn't discover stuff after
that (in your case, all of extras).

send: u'HEAD http://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/1/i386/SRPMS
HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: www.mirrorservice.org\r\nAccept-Encoding:
identity\r\nConnection: Keep-Alive\r\nPragma: no-cache\r\nUser-Agent:
mirrormanager-crawler/0.1 (+http://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/mirrormanager)\r\n\r\n'
reply: 'HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently\r\n'
header: Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 14:23:43 GMT
header: Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux)
header: Location: /sites/download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/testing/1/i386/SRPMS/
header: Content-Type: text/html
header: Via: 1.1 www.mirrorservice.org

That which kills it makes it stronger. :-)

I'll get that fixed soon.

Thanks,
Matt

--