Ambassador Aliases

Thomas Chung tchung at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 30 18:24:45 UTC 2007

On 4/30/07, Gerold Kassube <gerold at lugd.org> wrote:
> it is a "nice to have" ...
> not a "must" to have a firstname.lastname at fp.o ...
>
> Why everybody want to discuss decissions?
>
> Sometimes, I thought I better took the red pill ...
>
> Regards
>
> GeroldKa at fedoraproject.org

I think there has been a mis-interpretation in following line:

* All alises for the ambassadors must be firstname.lastname at fp.o

What it really means, if someone *really* needs to use name based
email alias, we must use "FirstName.LastName" convention.

This does not change anything in new policy which is we use
fedora-username at fp.o by default.

Until the new policy implemented, many of our Ambassadors have been
using firstname.lastname at fp.o for their contacts.

As you know, in the lines of marketing business, changes of email
address/alias can be critical. So we're trying to minimize this issue.

We can assure you, we won't just give away firstname.lastname at fp.o to
anyone. We're making *exceptions* to just the few.

Regards.
--
Thomas Chung