Mail lists for hosted

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Dec 4 19:49:37 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-12-03 at 23:26 -0600, Michael Yingbull wrote:
> I've heard good things about sympa (aside from issues of being in a
> maze of perl modules, all alike...).

It has some neat features. A couple of them I really like. For example:
log in to the web interface and you can go to the mail archive, click on
any message and say "send this to me" and it will mail it to you again
just like it was a new email. Really handy if you accidentally delete a
list email.

> I've not looked at it with an technical eye lately, however.

The perl modules needed for it are a seriously special kind of hell and
it breaks in, umm, obscure ways when it runs out of disk space but it's
not impossible to use.

-sv