Jigdo - A Professional Letter to Mike McGrath

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Tue Dec 11 13:02:48 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 00:41:24 +0100
> Jeroen van Meeuwen <kanarip at kanarip.com> wrote:
>
>> We on the other hand have hundreds -if not thousands- of users
>> download the CD version of Fedora 7 and Fedora 8 while supposedly
>> they are in possession of the DVD images already.
>
> What makes you say that?  When I poked at fedoraunity.org the only
> download option I saw was jigdo, so how are you determining that these
> people are using jigdo by choice rather than by necessity?

I don't think I said anything about those users /choosing/ to use Jigdo,
but if I was likely to be misunderstood in that aspect I apologize.

Talking about necessity though, users interested in the Fedora 9
Everything Spin would need to use Jigdo as it is the only way anyone
offers it (officially).

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip