Jigdo - A Professional Letter to Mike McGrath

Jonathan Steffan jonathansteffan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 05:53:16 UTC 2007

On Wed, 12 Dec 2007 12:18:31 +0100
Francois Petillon <fantec at proxad.net> wrote:

> I will speak as a mirror admin (ftp.free.fr/ftp.proxad.net). As far
> as I am concerned, bandwidth is not a real issue but disk IOs are.

-SNIP-

> As long as jigdo use is uncommon, I just don't mind but if it had to
> be commonly used, it would mean a very sensible decrease in
> performances.

So, you are against deltarpms also then?

The access time for the data being served as a Jigdo would be the same
as anyone using yum against your mirror source. Also, in most cases
download requests would be spread across multiple sources... though this
can be changed by an end user or by the behavior of MirrorManager
redirection results.

--
Jonathan Steffan
daMaestro