Mail lists for hosted

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Dec 4 00:20:04 UTC 2007

On Di Dezember 4 2007, Michael Stahnke wrote:

> several projects are switching to google-groups for mailling lists.  I
> am not sure I like the idea.  It's certainly isn't open source, but I
> thought I'd throw it out there as an option.

Afaik, groups is only an interface to the usenet[1], or does google do
something else, too? There is a news-to-mail interface available for Fedora's
mailing lists[2], so maybe this can be used in google groups, too, like, e.g.
http://groups.google.de/group/ru-firebird?lnk=gschg
which is also available via gmane:
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.firebird.russian

Regards,