Request for monotone

Jeffrey Ollie jeff at ocjtech.us
Thu Dec 13 03:50:28 UTC 2007

On 12/12/07, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> we've had a request to support monotone on hosted.  Instead of having
> this conversation in private I thought it best to put it on the list.
> So thoughts?  This is part "do we want to support monotone" and part "do
> we want hosted to be more then svn, hg, git, bzr".
>
> In general I'm happy supporting only those 4, we can't be everything for
> everyone and AFAIK we're the only OSS project with a hosted offering
> that supports 4 SCM's.

I think that if:

1) The SCM is in RHEL/EPEL.
2) There are real projects that want to use it (and that we feel like
will stick around).
3) Implementation is fairly straightforward
4) Someone on the hosted admin team is willing/able to install/support it.

We should.

Supporting more than just SVN and CVS is one way we can distinguish
Fedora Hosted from other project hosting.

Jeff