Single Entry ReWrite Code - foo.rpm

Jonathan Steffan jonathansteffan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 22:35:59 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Jonathan Steffan (jonathansteffan at gmail.com) said:
>
>>     I've been working on getting jigdo usable for Fedora Unity. In the
>> process, I needed a way to have a single url to access rpms on public
>> mirrors.
>>

> Why? Does jigdo only understand "I have file named x-y-z", as opposed
> to any particular URL to find it?
>
> Bill

Take a look at a jigdo template. This is one from a 20070219 spin using
revisor (which uses pungi.)

http://files.damaestro.us/FC-6-i386-DVD.iso.jigdo

Due to mirrors having different structure.. it makes more sense to not
list every mirror for each part. It makes more sense to be geoIP aware
and just have a single point of entry. Also, it makes most sense to only
direct users to mirrors that have the parts. That jigdo file is usable..
if anyone wants to give it a try. Not to say it will always work, it is
just a test. So those of you that just want a Re-Spin.. please don't use it.

Jonathan