Config stuff and glump (as my introduction)

Michael DeHaan mdehaan at redhat.com
Wed Jan 3 22:34:52 UTC 2007

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> * puppet is being used in other areas of Red Hat, are there other Fedora
> Infrastructure people (from outside of Red Hat as well as inside) who
> are ruby/puppet hackers?

In case it wasn't clear, I'm also a Ruby user, and have been using it
for various things for a few years.
Primarily for build system work (one system based on DamageControl,
which is Ruby, one not), a couple of
rails apps, and some random customer and internal utilities (pre Red
Hat).    I've also written some C binding
stuff for OpenGL should anyone _really_ want to go off the deep end (not
hard, really, the Ruby DL module
rocks).   Basically I've used it for anything someone typically uses
Perl for (XML parsing included), and I think
I even wrote some libpcap stuff in Ruby at some point.

Evidence of Ruby fame, or lack thereof:

http://www.rubygarden.org:3000/Ruby/page/show/RubyGolf/QuackingDuck :)