DB Upgrade complete

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 22:09:42 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 10:09 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Mike Bonnet wrote:
> > On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 09:56 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> >
> >> With autovacuum on do we still have to run the nightly vacuum jobs?
> >>

> > We'll have to keep an eye on the heavily-updated tables, but autovacuum
> > combined with the max_fsm_pages increase should remove the need for the
> > nightly vacuums.
> >

> Sounds good, I'll leave them in the cron.d file but comment them out and
> mention why.

We probably want to change to a monthly maintenance schedule where we
run a vacuum full on the dbs.

I also noticed that shmmax hasn't been increased from the default
(32MB).  Do we need to do that to match the shared cache buffer (512MB)?

$ /sbin/sysctl  kernel.shmmax
kernel.shmmax = 33554432

-Toshio