mirror out of date

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Fri Jul 13 13:45:47 UTC 2007

On Thu, Jul 12, 2007 at 12:15:42PM -0600, Jonathan Steffan wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 16:27 +0300, David Juran wrote:
> > Hello.
> >
> > I've noticed that the Fedora mirror
> > ftp://falkor.skane.se/pub/mirrors/fedora/linux/updates/7/x86_64/ (listed
> > on
> >
> http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/mirrorlist?repo=updates-released-f7&arch=x86_64)
> is lacking several packages (e.g. vte-0.16.6-1) that where pushed
> quite some time ago.
>
> I'm not sure what the policy is on stale mirrors.

Yes, mirrormanager's crawler determines freshness every 12 hours or
so.  However, it has a bit of a problem... If it can't complete its
crawl of a site in an hour (it should take 5 minutes if the site is
well-behaved and not overloaded), it doesn't change it's state.  So if
the crawler can't get through the site for several days, mirrormanager
still thinks it's up-to-date.  That's a bug in the crawler I need to
address.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Linux Software Architect, Dell Office of the CTO