Common problems

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Jul 14 16:33:53 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 22:47 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Ray Van Dolson wrote:
> >
> > Also, I noticed this:
> >
> >   https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/31
> >
> > So perhaps any further Moin troubleshooting would be pointless. :-)
> >

> I'm sure your works would be appreciated by the upstream moin people.  A
> lot of people do use Moin and ticket #31 is a long ways away :)

Yes, we have a _lot_ of process and some tools invested in Moin.  I can
almost guarantee that we are going to have a running Moin instance for a
long time.  We might still want a different Wiki engine for our
community documentation location.  That would be what is covered in
ticket #31, IMO.

For example, Ville-Pekka is working upstream and in our project to
enable man and info page editing via Moin; a sane diff is produced that
can be sent upstream as a patch:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode/2007/VillePekkaVainio

Moin supports conversion to DocBook XML, and last Summer's GSoC project
many get cleaned up this year for inclusion in the next version.  We use
this for e.g. writing guides at Docs/Drafts/ and release notes at
Docs/Beats/, then convert to XML in CVS:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MoinDocBookProject

So, at the minimum, we'd have a Documentation Wiki using Moin.  Any
improvements we can make there will definitely help the most prolific
Wiki users.

- Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project