Infrastructure SCM

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Jul 2 14:54:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 08:10:17PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Mike McGrath wrote:
>

> >Actually this SCM is just for our infrastructure stuff (not the
> >packages) so it replaces what is now in:
> >http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewcvs/?root=fedora
>
> Wouldn't it be better to make the decision for both together and settle
> down on one SCM instead?

That would be good, of course, but I think the packages' SCM has quite
a bit higher set of specificiation constraints than infratsructure, so
a common SCM would mean deciding one for packages.

If Mike wants to do something for infrastructure now, bundling this
decision with the packages' SCM will stall him. The evaluation for the
latter will take quite a while still and require being blessed by many
key positions. While Mike could cast a decision for infrastruture by
the end of the day.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net