fedorapeople.org

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 7 14:22:20 UTC 2007

Hey guys,
 I'm cleaning up fedorapeople.org and trying to get everything ready.
I'm also stripping EVERYTHING that isn't absolutely necessary off of the
machine. I have a few questions that I wanted some input on:

1. right now I have username.fedorapeople.org going to each users'
~/public_html dir. There are no cgis allowed at all, that seems
reasonable to me - makes sense to everyone else?
2. I also have www.fedorapeople.org and fedorapeople.org /~username
working.
3. I've been stripping all unnecessary pkgs off of this system - can
anyone come up with a good reason why there would need to be any .i386
pkgs on this box at all?
4. essentially this box will be for rsync/scp/sftp of files to a place
where everyone can get to. Is there any other package that should be on
here?

5. The user-individual tmp directories that were talked about before -
does anyone have a good reference on that and if it is do-able on rhel5?

6. on a system that's just letting users login and hosting files via
apache. Is there anything I'm missing or forgetting that would require
hal or dbus to be running? I can't think of anything that would be
communicating this way but I wanted to be sure. The box is just a static
ip so I can't think of anything but...

Any other suggestions are welcome, thanks.

-sv