fedorapeople.org

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 7 14:53:49 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 10:39 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Saturday 07 July 2007 10:22:20 seth vidal wrote:
> > 1. right now I have username.fedorapeople.org going to each users'
> > ~/public_html dir. There are no cgis allowed at all, that seems
> > reasonable to me - makes sense to everyone else?
>
> Does that include mod_python stuff?  Being able to run gitweb or hgweb stuff?

yes, it includes those. I don't think we should be running cgis of any
sort. They eat ram and expose us to more risk, don't they?

> > 4. essentially this box will be for rsync/scp/sftp of files to a place
> > where everyone can get to. Is there any other package that should be on
> > here?
>
> git would be nice, with the git server setup so that people can easily sync up
> a git repo to there or push via ssh to there and other people can get to it
> with git://
>
> Hg is harder and maybe not possible.

Isn't the above what rsync is for? I guess I'm inclined to not have any
scm - this is just a big box which serves files, statically, and does
not open us up to that many attack vectors.

-sv