fedorapeople.org

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 8 01:29:47 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-07 at 20:48 -0400, seth vidal wrote:

Okay, I'm replying to myself on this whole thread b/c I think I didn't
communicate very well here.

So let's take it from the top:

username.fedorapeople.org intends to be web page/file/etc drop space for
people in the fedora community. The users can use ssh/sftp/scp/rsync to
put their files up on the machine in ~/public_html. Then the files are
accessible from: http://username.fedorapeople.org and
http://fedorapeople.org/~username

If they want to export a vcs tree of some kind, they can, just push the
tree up via ssh(rsync, sftp, scp, etc) and then it can be accessed via
ssh by anyone who can login and via http via the whole world.

It seems like git and hg play just fine with a simple http server w/o
needing a special cgi to access them. Or am I missing something?

-sv