fedorapeople.org is now available

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 18 15:30:31 UTC 2007

Hi Everyone,
 fedorapeople.org is now available for general use.

What is fedorapeople.org?:
  It is a site where fedora contributors can upload files for sharing
out with the world. It is perfect for uploading specfiles, srpms,
patches, etc, etc. Each fedora contributor has 150M of quota-controlled
space. Users can upload using scp, sftp or rsync. Once uploaded into the
users public_html directory the files are available via http at:
http://your_username.fedorapeople.org/. To connect to fedorapeople.org
just use the ssh key you uploaded to your fedora account and then you
can login via ssh to: fedorapeople.org

What fedorapeople.org is NOT:
 - it is not a place for you to upload confidential or
copyright-violating files.
 - it is not a shell for you to login and stay logged into
 - it is not a place for you to run your favorite proxy of whatever kind
 - it is not a database server
 - it is not a mail server
 - it is not a run-my-favorite-cgi-server
 - it is not a blog server

We've tried our best to minimize and secure the services. Don't make a
lot of unreasonable requests asking for us to undo that. :)

For reasonable requests please file put them in the fedora
infrastructure ticketing system:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/Tickets

Let us know what breaks,
-sv